Daftar isi Artikel
Dietary Supplement Functions
Taking dietary supplements periodically is one of the steps to meet the nutritional needs in the body. In contrast to food, the function of this dietary supplement is more specific depending on the type chosen. Generally, the use of supplements aims to improve stamina, health, endurance, and so on.
But keep in mind, that this manufacturer’s product is not a substitute for medical drugs to prevent or cure diseases. Nor can it replace food completely. Therefore, still consume healthy foods even though they have consumed certain supplements. Because supplements only serve as a complement to the intake of nutrients and nutrients for the body.
What are Dietary Supplements?
Dietary supplements are health products produced to supplement the intake of nutrients in the body. Generally supplements consist of one or more substances in the form of drugs and nutrients, which are divided into several types such as vitamins, amino acids, and minerals. These nutrients also play a role in building proteins to balance the body’s metabolism.
Dietary supplement products are also not only made from vegetable ingredients, but also animal. Nowadays, you can easily find supplement products because they are widely sold in the market. The packaging is also very diverse, ranging from caplets, tablets, soft capsules and liquids, as well as pills. So, you can adjust to the ease of consumption.
Based on the needs of consumption, the most sought after types of supplements by the People of Indonesia are divided into 2 types, namely multivitamins, and nonmineral nonvitamins. To find out the difference more clearly, please refer to below:
· Multivitamin Supplements
The content of vitamins and minerals is not less than three types. But the amount of vitamins and minerals in this supplement is still within safe standards, so you do not have to worry when consuming it. Generally, the content of multivitamins includes; Vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B5 (Pantotenat), B6, B12, C, D3, H (Biotin), and K1.
In addition, there are also additional iron, zinc, copper, potassium iodide, calcium, carotene, magnesium, manganese, and chromium. Please note, that multivitamin supplements do not contain herbs, medicines, and also hormones.
· Nonvitamin Nonmineral Supplements – NVNM
Furthermore, nonvitamin nonmineral, this product is in the form of herbs as well as other nonvitamin supplements. However, green tea, and herbal teas do not fall into the NVNM category. Similar to multivitamins, NVNM is also commonly sold in pill packaging, gels, caplets, liquids, and soft capsules. Examples of NVNM products are, fish oil, and glucosamine.
Benefits of Consuming Dietary Supplements
The high interest in supplement products, certainly inseparable from the benefits and functions of dietary supplements for the body. Research proves, if some supplements are efficacious to support health. In addition, taking appropriate supplements and according to the rules can also help overcome certain health problems.
The following are some of the general benefits of taking dietary supplements:
- Soy supplement products can help overcome hypercholesterolemia.
- Ginger is efficacious to relieve nausea and vomiting, especially when drunk vehicles, entering the beginning of pregnancy semester, and post-chemotherapy.
- Fish oil is useful to reduce the risk of cardiovascular exposure, this is due to the content of omega-3 types of eicosapentaenoic acid, and docosahexaenoic acid contained in it.
- Probiotics are efficacious in overcoming various digestive disorders, such as diarrhea infections, irritation of the colon, to ulcerative colitis.
- Chicken essence can help relieve fatigue and lethargy.
Things to Look For before Deciding to Consume Dietary Supplements
So that the supplements taken can provide positive benefits for the body, then there are several things that you need to pay attention to before deciding to consume them. Among them are as follows:
- The effectiveness as well as safety of supplement products cannot be measured only from herbal or natural terms.. Especially if you only make “people’s words” or product descriptions on the packaging as a benchmark. As a smart buyer, make sure you find out in advance about the chemical content in the product, how it works, and the manufacturing process.
- Do not consume dietary supplements because you believe that the product can treat diseases. Moreover, until making his own diagnosis. It is recommended to consult a doctor first.
- Before choosing to take certain supplements, make sure you are familiar with the benefits of the product for health, how and how to use, the risk of use, and how long the product is used.
- Never reduce your intake of healthy and nutritious foods despite regular consumption of supplements. Because supplements cannot replace the role of food as a nutrient supplier for the body.
- Adhere to the consumption rules contained in the packaging. Excessive use of the product can have an adverse impact on your body. In addition, excess nutrients can also cause poisoning.
- Customize your nutritional needs with the type of supplement product to choose. You can first consult a doctor or nutritionist to make sure.
To get the optimal function of dietary supplements, then you should also be wise in using them. In addition to following the measure of use imposed, do not forget to always apply a healthy diet, regular exercise, and adequate rest.
Want to watch anime? Click here “Anime”